Friday, May 28, 2010

Cheddar Cheese Biscuits

This is my favourite biscuit recipe ever! It makes a perfectly light and fluffy biscuit and the cheddar cheese adds such great flavour. You'd never think it, but the secret to how fluffy these are is the mayonnaise in the batter! 

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup milk
4 Tbsp. mayonnaise



Directions:


Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and place rack in center of oven. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or grease with butter.

Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small mixing bowl. Add cheese to the flour mixture. Stir milk and mayonnaise into the mixture until just moistened. Do not over-mix otherwise you will get tough biscuits.

Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes until biscuit tops are golden brown.

This recipe makes 12 small biscuits, but you can cut the recipe in half if you are only serving a small number of people.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brooke!
    The site looks awesome, I've been silently following your baking on fb and so I just happened to notice a link that I followed here.

    I have been trying to expand my cooking abilities recently and so I am definitely looking forward to seeing you post some main dishes!

    ReplyDelete