Friday, August 19, 2011

Wood Buffalo Country Fair 2011

This post is a little bit late because the Wood Buffalo Country Fair actually took place from August 5-7th, but better late than never right? This year the Country Fair was held in conjunction with Interplay and it featured some really impressive local talent. The only thing I would have liked to see would be more exhibitors and more competition, especially in the culinary division. If you like baking, gardening or any kind of crafting then you should definitely consider entering next year! It's free to enter, there are youth and adult divisions, and there are cash prizes for winning ribbons. Check out the website at www.wbcountryfair.org for more information. 

This year I entered my baking in 3 separate culinary categories. You can read about what I entered in last year's Country Fair in this post.

 My 2011 entries

In the brownie category I entered my vegan fudge brownies...

They got first place!


In the chocolate chip cookie category I entered my favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe...


These got second place. I was kind of disappointed I didn't have 1st place chocolate chip cookies.. but I guess now I'll have something to improve on for next year!

Lastly, in the confectionary category I entered my almond cookie dough balls...


These also won first place! Funny how my two vegan and "healthier" treats were the ones that took home the 1st place ribbons :P

When all was said and done I walked away with $40.00 in prize money! Not bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment